Dear music

Dear Music

Thankyou for teaching me to love life. You opened up my world to the true meaning of happiness at the tender age of 16.

I was front row at a Simple Plan gig to see We the Kings. Travis came off and hugged us afterwards before running away. It was in that crowd. And in that moment; I knew I could be happy.

You gave me hope that life wasn’t all bad if I had a gig to look forward to. I traveled to Manchester and Leeds monthly. You taught me my taste of music was a little different from the rest but it’s okay, because in that small room in the cockpit I was just like everybody else there. Looking for a reason.
And looking for hope.

Although you taught me to rebel. And sometimes I lied just to see you. Just to feel you. I needed to otherwise I couldn’t be happy.

You were the only good thing in my life for a long time, and I’m still happiest when I’m at a gig singing my heart out or listening. Just listening. To the crowd around me, to the pure joy shining from peoples body’s. And listening to myself.

Breathing. Alive. Happy.

All thanks to you, music.

Thankyou.



You Might Also Like

0 comments