Bookstagrammers scare me!


 Back in the day I would put up book reviews on youtube, I loved doing it and I kind of miss it. But times have changed since then and I started noticing there was this think called ‘bookstagrammers’ and boy do they scare me! 


As much as I would love to be involved in the world, and I do try. I do the tags, I do the hashtags I follow and get inspo for reads and posts because there’s nothing more I would love is to be on a publishers reading copy list!

But the reality is, I work full time, I have a relationship and a dog. And although I adore reading, I have other hobbies too so I cant spend my whole day curled up on the couch reading. And Ill admit, I’m not that fast of a reader. Although I try my best.

But there’s nothing I feel more discouraged by than when I hop onto Instagram, click through stories and see bookstagrammers complaining they’ve only read 3 books this month. 3!! I aim for 1 a month to keep me reading, but for some people this isn’t even considered worthy enough to call myself a reader.

We forget that although the world is still out there shaming others on Instagram for their size, hair colour, followers, pose etc. We forget that although the book community that is considered safe and inclusive and for the most part it is! Ive found some great bookstagram accounts that give great content and respond to everyone and just enjoy reading in general.
But I think its important to remember that there is also those out there that, most likely unintentionally, making some of us feel like we are failing in the community by not reading enough, not reading long enough, not reading fast enough. Which takes the beauty out of why we pick up a book in the first place.

I might not read the most, and only aim for 12 books a year so that I don’t feel like reading is a chore, but ill still post my book reviews, still post my book photos on my Instagram. Tag the published, and hope that hey one day I may get sent a reading copy. And ill read it how I like and feel no pressure.

So if you want to see a normal gal, just trying to read books in life with no pressure other than reading is my happy place and keeps me sane. Follow me and we can do this little book community thing together, just me, you and our to be read list!



You Might Also Like

0 comments