Dear Bodies


Dear Bodies

When did people decide what was considered normal when we looked at each other?

I’ve never liked me body, due to the issues relating to the social standard of a normal females body.

My whole life I was told by others my boobs weren’t big enough, leaving me to this day still uncomfortable to be naked. I was asked if I was anorexic by people in high school because I’m small.
However whenever I’ve expressed my dislike for my thighs being bigger than the normal size of a small girls size I’ve been shut down.

Ive never been in control of my body. Despite it being just that, mine. There have been countless tears shed over my body, over how others view it.

I do believe we are starting to break the mould that was considered normal when I was a teen, and I hope one day I will be comfortable with my body enough for if I have a daughter she will never have the same thoughts as I did.


You Might Also Like

0 comments