I wont give up.

I bought a magazine for the first time in over a year the other day. I sat there curled up after work and read the whole thing. I read about fashion, I read dating articles, and I read a few pages about the most influential women in the world right now. They ranged from the uk, to Iraq, to brazil, to the usa. Some where my age, some were younger, many just a tad older. I sat there reading what they had achieved in so little time. I sat there feeling inspired but also inadequate. I have a love for writing, I have a love for sharing images, I have a love for being a PA to an art project. I constantly sit there and wonder what I have to do next to make any of these lift off into the broader public world.

Ive spent many nights searching for article writing jobs. I’ve dreamed about being a writing for the specific magazine I was reading many of times. Ive told people my dream job would to be a full time writer and PA. I often spend nights making up and writing stories, most recently a children’s short story. And they sit there. And that’s not because I don’t want to share them with anyone. Its because I know how hard it is to get one project seen by 1000 let alone a few projects all hoping to get the eyes of anyone they can.

But this doesn’t mean I should give up. Never give up. Yes its hard, but its worth it. Right now it’s a hobby and one that I love, I spend my nights home on the bus constructing blog posts, and I spend my time travelling around looking for pretty things to take a picture of and share. I spend my life trying to surround myself with talented, hardworking humans. People who know giving up is not an option.


This isn’t my only job goals I long for, I’m constantly searching for that career that I could spend many years working in and perfecting myself at being the best in, I’ve thought about dog grooming, estate agents, manager in clothing shops. My possibilities are endless. My ideas are endless. My passion is strong, and I will continue to work hard at all aspects, and I think it’s important every once in a while to look at others work and not feel jealous of how well they’re doing, but feel inspired that you could be where they are. And instead of feeling inadequate, feel proud of where you are at this moment in your life. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments