A letter

Day 12 -2/07/16

Your parents want you to learn a sport, but you really want to learn piano instead. Write a letter to your parents convincing them that you'll get the same benefits from piano lessons.

Dear ma and pa,

I am writing to you today regarding an issue that came up at dinner last night. I've had a lot of time to think about it and am confident in my argument I am about to pitch to you.

I understand that you have always wanted me to grow up as a major sports dude. From soccer to baseball; I always loved how supportive you were. I also feel like you guys enjoyed being that excited over your beloved son. I can promise you, watching me preform at piano recitals will give you that same joy. Just much quieter. Please no shouting.
I know you both knew I sucked at sports, so I don't believe you want me to get bullied again in life for trying once again to become a master sports man.
Where as while learning piano I can advance in music class and take part in performances; thus becoming a cool kid. A musically cool kid. And do I even need to mention all the rock stars and musicians that don't go on to live forever alone.
Along with exercise understand it is an important part of the life that you want me to lead.
But it's just not all sitting down, my hands are going to become incredibly strong, or should I say my fingers. Along with my neck muscles that shall grow with the music that moves through me. And with all the extra music events I will attend I promise to cycle to as many as I can to counter balance the sitting.

I hope you take into consideration my argument and all my perfectly made points. And i hope you will choose my side and help me become a rockstar with lots of money in which I will repay you for making the right decision. 

Yours faithfully
Your son.

You Might Also Like

0 comments