Boris my old pal.

My head is turning to mush with planning, planning trips around the beautiful New Zealand. Planning our stay in Singapore. Planning our life after that. And to add to the list, planning to sort out my Boyfriends visa to the UK.
As we discovered in the flight centre the other day, he is actually the adult of the relationship and I am the child, as our documents state. Yet I am the one researching every detail to help his little confused head out.
My boyfriend is a national Kiwi with his only holiday being to Australia, typical. Now despite how easy it was for me and my fellow British friends to get a visa for New Zealand, that doesn’t seem to be the case vice versa, frustratingly. I filled a form online, got a phone call the next day to say id been approve. One payment over the phone later I had a visa.
For my love that is not the case. He has to have 4,500 dollars in his account, fill out the form, go to an appointment to get more photos and fingerprints?! Then send of his visa, and wait. While researching a simpler way, because that just can’t be right, it was so easy for me, I stumbled across a recent article featuring the one and only Boris Johnson.
Now I would love to share my amusement that the man who zip lined across London is actually doing something about a problem I hadn’t noticed till now, but my Kiwi pals just won’t appreciate it as much.

Boris is fighting for a scheme to help Australians and Kiwis along with other commonwealth countries, get visas in England, easier. With the process to renew a visa being even more difficult for them other there. Which I agree with 100%. Being over in New Zealand, ive met so many ‘pommys’ and work with French, Canadian and Germans, my place is full of nationalities and the Kiwis love it. They embrace you into their beautiful country and tell you to see it all, because they are proud of who they are, what they’ve created and the beautiful culture behind it all.

England on the other hand, you rarely meet an Australian or Kiwi around. I knew one Australian and he worked for my local club, the girls used to swine over him, he had the life. Purely because you don’t just stumble across them daily. English girls are stuck with English lads unless they leave. And now I realised why. We’re not proud of our beautiful country. We talk it down all the time, we question why anyone would come here and tell people who are gone not to come back theres no point. But what they don’t realise is how wonderful England actually is.
The accents, the little crappy beaches, Blackpool, London, the countryside. We hold so much hidden beauty that we don’t want anyone to explore, its almost as if we’re ashamed of our land and just don’t want people to see it. Like when you have guests over and you’re embarrassed because you didn’t clean up that one book that was in the living room so you’re convinced the whole house is a mess.

Well Boris, my old pal. Im hope your voice is heard, and I hope the system to change commonwealth visas is approved. Because id love to be able to show my love my country. And if he wants to stay there, I don’t see why he shouldn’t be allowed. If not, and England you deny my wonderful Kiwi, we shall just move on to the next country until you are proud enough to open your doors. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments