18

Do i regret my tattoos?

They always say you’ll end up regretting your tattoos. I got my first two when I was 18. Do I regret them? No. Do I feel like they still match my body? Sometimes, no.

A year ago I suddenly didn’t like to see the tattoos on my legs, my smiley face and pigeon. They were once my pride and joy, suddenly I didn’t want to look at them. And I don’t think you come to regret your tattoos I just feel like you grow up, and your tattoos don’t.

My tattoos are emblems of myself at that age, so my tattoos on my legs are 18year old me. I am now 21 and a whole different person, they don’t relate to me as much as they used to and at one point I started beating myself up over it. I didn’t want to dislike my tattoos. I really didn’t. But suddenly I looked at my legs and I felt like my tattoos were manlier as I became more of a girl.

It took me a while to realise I didn’t regret my tattoos, they are still funny to me I liked showing them off when I was on holiday. They will always be a part of me, a story to tell, something fun to look at. But this hasn’t stopped me getting more, as I plan my next few tattoo ideas and look at a studio which has a 3month waitlist. My body is a staple point for different aspects of my life, and my tattoos they are different parts that I choose to stick with me.


I don’t think you regret tattoos, you just grow and sadly tattoos don’t always grow with you. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments