She lifts?

I woke up, got dressed and went to the gym. It was 10am on a Sunday morning and it was the last place I thought id be heading. I never went to the gym alone, partly because I didn’t have to, nor want to. But I didn’t enjoy the feeling of being watched as I don’t know what im doing half the time.
Plus im little, in every aspect. So ive spent my whole life getting criticised about my size.
Every time I stepped on the scales at the doctors id see the look, hear the hmm. Every time I mentioned something I didn’t like about myself, as we all have these feelings. Id get bashed down saying I couldn’t say anything because people work hard to have a body like mine.
So when I mention I go to the gym, people ask why? Because god forbid anybody wants to go the gym other than to lose weight.
But just like when people tell me I cant feel any negative aspects about my body, I feel guilty. Guilty for improving my health, guilty for improving body parts I didn’t particularly like before. Guilty for boosting my self-confidence. All because everyone tells me I don’t have to go, everyone tells me I cant feel like this.

But its not true. I have the same thoughts as the next person, and my whole reason for going to the gym was to improve my fitness and my bum. Yes I know, a bit of a weird reason but I have small boobs, and no matter how hard I try without surgery there’s nothing I can do. However I know how to improve another aspect of myself, one I like much more than my breasts. My butt. And trust me I got that booty workout on lockdown. Along with that I love seeing muscle on my arms in the mirror, I love looking like a white skinny girl then bamn; shock; she lifts. Occasionally.

I go to the gym for me. Because I can, because I want to, and because I like it, occasionally. I don’t go to hear you ask me why in digust because I don’t need to. Technically no one needs to. I could just buy a bike, we could all just run in nature rather than treadmill. We choose to go, we don’t need it. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments