I hate social media?

I love social media. I think its such a great way to express yourself, have your opinion hear, find people from all over the world and stay connected with those you don’t see regularly.

I also hate social media. I think it can often consume us and take us away from the world at important times. I think it’s a feeding tank for drama and hate, its full of people just waiting to make mean comments and it can mess with your head and affect you more than it should.

I have mixed feelings over social media and there have been times I’ve wanted to delete everything associated to me and create anonymous accounts. Be unrecognisable. The only problem with this is most of my Facebook friends I love are 12,000 miles away and it’s the only way I can communicate and catch up with their lives. So deleting Facebook was out of the question.

What I did do was start a new Instagram to link with this blog, Instagram has always been a favourite of mine. Just recently I’ve been really into taking nice ‘pretty’ pictures of things. I never felt comfortable posting these on my personal Instagram due to the people following me not being able to appreciate them and some people I know would hate and make mean comments. So it felt good breaking free and being able to breathe on a blog that was not connected to me in any way and post what I want without the fear of judgement. Because although I love social media and have been on various parts of the internet for many years I still get very scared, every time I upload a picture, post a blog, film a video. There’s a little part of my brain telling me not post it.

Sometimes you have to block those thoughts out and block out the negativity in your life too.



My Instagram linked to this blog is called Ar0ha_. I had trouble finding something that wasn’t connected to me but would still look nice written down. I started thinking about what I wanted and randomly looked up the Maori word for Love. 

So go follow Aroha_ to see more of what I have to offer but this time in picture form. 
                                               https://www.instagram.com/ar0ha_/



You Might Also Like

0 comments