August music faves!


Music is such a diverse thing.

Some people will only listen to one artist and no one else. Some have a few favourite genres and others like myself just listen to a whole bunch of everything. So I thought since ive been listening to a few different genres on repeat recently id do my favourite tunes of august.


First is two playlists on spotify that I started listening to again the other day and I fell back in love with the scene of pop punk. I am a pop punk girl, but sometimes because its not as well vibed over in New Zealand I stay away from playing it. However the Pop Punk Powerhouse playlist, Best of Pop Punk and Pure Pop Punk have been on heavy rotation in my Spotify pickings. I have my own punk playlist but the problem is it makes me want to sing all the time, so having new artists come on that all I have to do is listen is great. I was dancing around to sum 41 at work the other day and I felt content. I need more friends in the pop punk scene please.

An artist that ive been in love with is Sasha Sloan, her song older has hit me straight in the feels everytime I listen to it. If you have parents that are no longer together I would highly recommend giving this song of her a listen otherwise I also love normal.

Along the same vibe as Sasha Sloan can we talk about Orla Gartland please? Hello, the queen of realising amazing new songs is here. Why am I like this is one of my most played songs and now shes just released a new song called Did it to myself. She’s the type of artist where every time a new song comes out I have to stop whatever im doing to actually listen to it, as its not something you can digest on the go.

Last on my music faves of the month has to be back to my roots of Brand New. While getting back into my pop punk from my sad indie girls, I remembered a song I used to be obbessed with. Jude law and a semester abroad is my current jam and I absolutely feel 16 again thinking how cool I was listening to an edgy band like Brand new. But at 23 it still holds it edge and a place in my heart.

Do you have any recommendations for me to listen to for next month?





You Might Also Like

0 comments