Flannel week fail and PINK HAIR


Flannel week fail and pink hair.

I recently realised that I had enough flannel shirts to do a whole flannel week. So this was the plan for the original blog post. A week of different flannel styles. I started day one with my latest flannel, a nice regular fit from the men’s section, which I actually found out there’s about four of us girls at
work who all own this. No shame, I always look in the men’s section for flannels. However as you'll notice, I have pink hair now! So what started to week of flannels came after a really tough weekend, I found of some stuff about my career and I got super sad and died my hair pink. But it wasn’t the pink I wanted. It turned out a super purple pink. And I wanted a pastel pink… oops. It also didn’t stick to my roots which you conveniently cant see in this photo. I used the loreal colourista in the dirty pink. If anyone remembers a post of mine from about 3 years ago reviewing pixie lott pink hair spray youll know ive wanted pink hair for a while but never dared.
My flannel looked bomb ass, however I wasn’t fond of my hair. But I appreciated everyones comments the next day and the tips on how to lighten it.

So I went home, bought some head and shoulders and washed my hair twice, I actually did the whole rinse and repeat they tell you to do! And there it was the colour I was after. So I upped the anti on day two and wore a pink shirt to match! I wasn’t super keen on the colour contrast of the two but who cares it was day two of flannel week and I like the pink flannel.


Day 3 was my day off and… oops I failed. I went to my standard day off outfit and wore a mens jumper. But look my hair looks super cool straight!! I actually haven’t straighten
ed this maine for months so it was nice to have a change and I was finally in love with my pink hair. This is what I wanted on day one. It only took 3 days to get there in the end.
I did actually wear a flannel on Day 4 I just didn’t take any pictures as I didn’t like the contrast with my hair (it was and iconic red flannel.)

So although flannel week failed my pink hair dreams did not! Now ive had mixed reviews on the colourista range, it is a wash out so its not permenant unless I guess you apply it onto bleached hair then it will stay a while. I put mine onto highlighted and it stuck really well but the dirty pink colour was muuuuch darker than the box indicates. So maybe have some head and shoulders at the hand to strip the colour back a bit. I was disappointed it didn’t stick to my roots as ive had multiple colours on my natural hair from boxes without bleach but colourista did not want to. No fear, it looked okay when it was straight and pastel. I’ve been rocking it two weeks now, however because I have curly hair I don’t wash/shampoo a lot, so maybe that’s helping the colour keep longer than the few washes it promises so it does just depend on your hair type.

Sorry ive been gone the whole month of august. But I am writing this to you from my new laptop I got just for writing so hey, im back. How are you? Please join my pink gang.

You Might Also Like

0 comments