Dear Travelling


Dear Travelling,

I saw someone post ‘waiting for the day to travel the world.’

And it made me sad.

Why wait, when you can do it today, tomorrow, next week, next month, next year.

Travelling is about setting yourself free, it changes your perspective on life and opens you to so many new worlds, culturally and spiritually.

I understand the financial struggle for some and travelling is always a distant dream. As someone who has always had to pay their own way in life it hits hard when you’re saving for the next trip and your facebook is full of pictures and check ins of the people using daddys money.

For others travelling is a distant dream because of priorities, why save for a round the world trip when you can go out on a Saturday night? Am I right?

For me travelling is about chasing the adventure, it can be around my country or scrolling through air B&B for new locations and planning my annual leave in the far futures. I work so I can see the world, I have those holiday hours for a reason, why waste them on hungover Sundays and a night I cant remember with people I don’t know.

Travelling, a wonderful word and an action everyone craves.
What’s your next move?

You Might Also Like

0 comments