Dear Lightning


Dear lightning,



How fitting that it stormed today and you made your short appearance.

As I curled up on the couch, feeling emotional and nostalgic as I watched Chasing Happiness the Jonas Brothers documentary, I could hear the rain pounding hard behind me, in line with my tears.

I opened the door and just paused, watched and listening. The rain hit harder as the flashes came. I could hear the thunder right above me and I watched everyone in the streets run around. Some dressed for the weather, most not.

I felt smug from my home, in my blanket and warmth. But the truth is we’re all just like the lighting, we come in a flash we go in a flash. Did we make an impact in that moment, or will we just fade away till the next storm comes along?




You Might Also Like

0 comments