art

Ew scrapbooks

As I sat there scapbooking my New Zealand adventures a part of me wondered why I was scrap booking it. As I referred to my laptop for which month each photo I had was taken when.
It has taken me a while to get round to starting it but as relaxing as it is for me I began to find the real reason behind my scrapbooking.

In my house I have a giant chest, it's full on thousands of photos from before I was born to the day disposable cameras phased out. There is nothing I love more than sitting there with my family or alone going through the mass and reliving the memories, the moments. Finding out the stories.
One of my favourites is one of my wonderful mother on holiday holding a cub.


My relationship with the internet and technology is a love-hate. So I live my life resenting putting things online but also knowing it's the best way to save things. But I don't want my children to see my memories through what I have left. Through a Facebook album. Through a weird album on my phone. Or worse not have any pictures of her parents growing up together because they lost the laptop or the hard drive broke. I want to be able to tell my stories on my gap year and pull out my scrapbook and show my children how cool there mum was.


And it was in that moment I fell more and more in love with my scrapbooks.
I still have one with all my gig experiences from 2013-14. I can't wait to sit and tell the stories behind them all as I continue to make these books.

You Might Also Like

0 comments