arm

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

The question I hate getting asked. As I sit showing my new addition to my skin. Does it have to mean anything? I sigh.
For the stigma around tattoos is if I doesn't have a meaning is it worth anything?

I'm struggling to find a defined reason for my new piece as with my others there's personal connections; people's hand writing. Quotes, lyrics.

But when I get asked this question with my hour glass I freeze. For on one hand it resembles time; obviously. But for me I became obsessed with the design when my grandad passed away; So suddenly. I believe it was a reminder that time is precious.
The second reason I can think behind it being permanently on my body is a show of growth.

The past year and a half has been a test on myself as a human. I've learnt. I've loved and I've sunk down into the black hole of depression. And when I look at my arm and tattoo I see growth. For myself. And my life.

But when you ask me ‘so… what does it mean?
I will shrug; smile and walk away.


You Might Also Like

0 comments