I CHEATED ON BOOKINGS.COM

Being in England is full of opportunities regarding travelling to Europe. So when it came to realising how much we work already, and how much we’re going to work in December it only seemed right to take a little holiday for a few days in November. Our first what British people love to talk about ‘proper holiday’ with the only plan being to relax and explore. No great adventure planned, no driving, no rushing. Just us and Amsterdam.
It only felt right blogging travel experiences again so this is post one with the thing everyone loves. The booking process.

I hate scrolling through countless sites finding a hotel and then doing the same with flights and trying to find reviews and good places and great locations. It’s not my favourite part despite the fact I love looking constantly. But ive always been a fan of bookings.com, its never let me down on my New Zealand adventures, and my soon to be Paris adventures but for some reason when searching for our holiday we steered away from my fave site.
We originally thought about going to malta and searched endless sites of last minute holidays for flights and hotels combined together in hopes the price would come down. Now although it wasn’t ridiculously expensive we threw in there the prospect of going to Amsterdam.

I searched and found Expedia which id watched endless adverts promoting Expedia so thought why not.

Popped in some dates for Amsterdam and the first image we saw I clicked, it was classed as a rare find and the décor of the hotel got us both instantly excited. Within a few minutes we were wanting to click book and go there immediately, but ofcourse you cant judge a book by its cover and we had to do more research on location, perfect, reviews, perfect, and prices, again; perfect. It seemed too good. So I searched a little more just to check we weren’t jumping straight into something that we would later regret.
But within the minutes we decided there wasn’t anywhere that would please us as much as Room Mate Aitana. The prices with flights were better than expected and for a nicer hotel at a cheaper price and being able to upgrade to an executive suite with no spare to us. Its safe to say I don’t think ill be deleting the expedia app anytime soon.

Ill let you know how the hotel is in real life when I find out.

Fingers crossed it meets expectations.


You Might Also Like

0 comments