RED ESSENTIAL



To write this piece ive just emptied all my lipsticks out onto my bed, and it has dawned on me while picking which ones make the cut; how hard it is to choose your favourites! In which with this post im going to have my top 5(with help from my boyfriend to pick them) a Bonus post, to follow the tradition and in that bonus post I have decided to add some honourable mentions for the lip colours that haven’t lucked out at their own post. This way it is a fair to all my colours and makes my decisions easier.
So stay tuned for that this week.

BUT NOW.
Number 2 –

When I bought this lipstick I remember raving to people about how unique I found it and being told numourous of times it wasn’t a lipstick but a lip liner. I can tell you, as I told them. Its not. It IS a lipstick, one which offers such a vibrant range of colours.


It’s the Maybelline colour drama intense velvet in the colour red essential; as I’m a sucker for deep reds. Now before any comments start on the picture featured or any pictures featured throughout this series, I wasn’t blessed with bows on my upperlip, therefore I sometimes attempt to add them on. They don’t always go right straight away and I saw after I took the picture that they were a little dodgey but hey that’s okay im not perfect!


There are pros and cons to this lipstick I will admit, it’s such a beautiful colour adding to a simple eye day I love to make my lips pop. There are two ways to wear it, either apply full coverage for a deep red or grab a smudge brush and lightly blend it in from the edges. Personally I love the fuller look. It does seem to last a while the only issue being when I drink or eat the middle seems to fade and I find myself being self-conscious of reapplying as I don’t want it turning into a dark mess.
This links in with the cons of this beautiful colour, if anything comes into contact it will transfer, fingers, outfits, bottles, food. Along with this I often find myself being clumsy and having it smeared across my finger and my face. When I first got this colour my problem as well was finding a sharpener big enough to fit it! Which led with me a smushed down lip colour which was a lot messier to apply. However I did manage to find one in my local makeup store in England rather than NZ.

If you’re fancying a change with this pencil that applys like matt but feels like a gloss pick it up and add it to your collection now.

You Might Also Like

0 comments