Five Fabulous days of Fashion!

Five Fabulous days of Fashion –

Day 1.

So I recently branched out of my comfort zone and started buying items of clothing id always told myself I could never pull off. In my ‘friendship’ group; I use that term lightly because im kinda just an extra that gets added in sometimes. Like the Janice of friends? That’s me. But in this group I often see myself as the duff; looking like a 12 year old and dressing for comfort over style 100% of the time. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with this but I started putting myself down on style choices I wanted to make and admired because I either didn’t have the body for it or simply thought I couldn’t pull it off. It took a year of building up my confidence and one online shopping accident later and I had a few items of clothing I realised I never thought I would own. Plus the added confidence to buy more different items.

This got me thinking; its never too late to change yourself. I’m 20 and I’d rather spend my money on a plane ticket to somewhere adventures than on a 200 dollar dress because its ‘In’ right now. So I grew up watching the popular, pretty, fashionable girls look down on my forever outdated style. But now I have the balls to dare to be different with style.
Im not claiming to be fashionable, I am far from it. But here is my first of five blogs in the next five days on my recent, unusual for me, purchases. Encouraging you to dare to do it too.

My first is something I originally looked at and thought nooooope. I’d been shopping in urban outfitters, oh sorry let me rephrase. I’d been crying in uraban outfitters because I love everything in there but my bank account does not agree to the slightest. As soon as I walked in I was greeted with this stunning baby pink bomber jacket with a price tag I couldn’t justify when I had my armour of a black bomber already at home. So I walked away already dreaming of it.
Before I walked into Primark and saw a very similar slightly darker baby pink bomber jacket for over half the price. Obviously it wasn’t as good quality or colour as the one in urban outfitters but it was still beautiful and calling my name.
So what did I do?
I WALKED AWAY AND WENT HOME.
Yes.
I did.
Why?
I don’t know.
I spent the next few days thinking about this jacket and how many outfits it would go with and if they’d have it in my home store or if it was just in the big city stores (this happens a lot when you’re in a small town)
Now my boyfriend has been bugging to buy more pink outfits after branching out first and buying baby pink boots which I am tremendously in love with. So as soon as he came to the Primark store and I showed him the jacket I had been ordered to put it on and ohmygoditssocomfy. Despite not being as top notch quality as the one in UO it’s still really well made and incredibly soft and comfy. So two seconds later it was in my bag and now it’s my favourite item to style my plain everyday outfits with.

You have the option of Urban outfitters which if I had a bigger bank account I would have probably gone for, or if you’re like me and saving your pennies but still in love with the new in colour of baby pink. Pop down to Primark, hardly anyone will be able to tell the difference, unless you have a fancy friend and you both show up to the same event in the same jacket from different stores. But what are the odds in that happening ey?

You Might Also Like

0 comments