Message in a bottle!

Day 1. 21/06/2016

You’re Enjoying making sand castles at the beach, when the ocean waves wash up a message in a bottle. You pull out the message: what does it say?

I stood there in despair. I couldn’t believe my eyes, my hard work crumbling in front of me. Daddy hadn’t even taken a picture of it yet, I told him he couldn’t until it was perfect. I wanted it to be perfect. The moat was dug deep. The bridge sat nicely leading into the castle. The castle was as tall as me. It just needed a few extra bits, Tom thought it was funny, he says he saw the wave coming behind me.

It came as I was adding a gate onto the bridge, it came bigger than me. I told him we should have built it further up. I told daddy not to take the picture yet. I wanted to show my class, sally made one last week and brought a picture in and showed the class. It looked like a tower. Mine was better. Was better until stupid tom and that stupid wave. Daddy says I shouldn’t call people stupid. But when you’re covered in sand after a wave crashes you into your perfectly built sandcastle that tom saw coming. I think he deserves the word stupid. My walls all broken, I had the top of the castle stuck in my hair, and the moat is now a perfect place for my bottom. Tom can’t stop laughing. Stupid tom.
Im sitting there in the moat watching the sea wash back out as if it hasn’t caused me any damage when I found it. Sitting next to me, twinkling in the sun. A Bottle, after all this and all I find was a bottle. I picked it up in fury; ready to get revenge on the sea, show it who’s boss now when Tom stopped laughing and his eyes went alert. I turned behind me to try find out what he was looking at when he pointed at the bottle I was holding.

‘LOOK!!’ he shouted. Suddenly the castle didn’t seem important. ‘ITS LIKE WHAT THE PIRATES HAVE!!’
I looked at the bottle again to see inside it a piece of paper, who puts a piece of paper in a jar? Tom knows all about pirate’s maybe he’s right.
‘IT’S A MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE, IT COULD CONTAIN SUPER SECRET INFORMATION FROM A PIRATE AT SEA!!!’ He shouted once more. When just then it hit, sally could have her silly tower castle made from sand for show and tell, but I could have something cooler.
‘Let’s open it!’ I suggested taking the cork out of the top and passing it to Tom who was more excited about this than the new episode of the Simpsons last night. I didn’t want to get it dirty so I let him do the honours, although I knew I’d be the one keeping it because I’m 10 and he’s only 8, so I get to keep things we find that I want. It’s a simple rule that everyone knows.
He pulled it out being very careful not to rip it, unfolded the paper then his forehead became creased.
‘Whats the matter?’ I started to sit up, was it not a message from a pirate?!
‘I know I’m still getting the hang of reading but I don’t understand ANY of this’ he said with a frown.
I scrambled to my feet and looked at the paper, it wasn’t in English, and this made it even better. Although Tom was sad about not being able to read it, I knew this made it even spectacular, I had a secret message in a bottle from another country, everyone at school is going to be so jealous and want to hear stories on how I found it, and if it was sent just to me and what it says. Everyone’s going to want to know about the message in the bottle. This was exactly what I needed.

Sorry Sally.
not really, my show and tell is cooler than yours.
suck it.


Amelia aged 10 and a  ½

You Might Also Like

0 comments