Dem mermaid feels.

Day 6 – 26/06/26

Describe how it feels to be underwater.

I am a mermaid lover. I grew up obsessing over the TV show H20, every time I was in a swimming pool I would perfect the mermaid glide underwater, making sure my legs with tail like. I wanted to be a mermaid, I still do.
But now instead of swimming like a mermaid I’ve found my favourite way of gliding through water is on my back slowing sliding my arms up and down in a stoke. Listening the water glide around me, my head out looking at the sky. This feeling is the feeling of being underwater for me. It’s the best feeling I find.

As I lie there, looking either at the sky or the roof of the establishment, everything outside the water doesn’t matter, it’s muffled, you could try talk to me but I’ve already gone to another world. My body is there but my mind is empty. It’s the one time I truly feel at peace with myself and my soul. I’m becoming one with the water and my body moves perfectly through it. I am a mermaid; I wish.

It’s a  magical feeling being completely underwater, it feels as though you are defying theories,  you know it’s not human to remain underwater but it’s all you want to do. And then, when it gets too much, and your lungs can’t hold it. That feeling you get of pushing yourself upwards, it comes so easy and you feel like you’re going so fast but never fast enough. You break through and almost automatically; there you are. Back in the real world. You breathe and you see, you hear the noise that was muffled a second ago, the voices of those around you. And you remember despite feeling it; you were never truly alone.

You Might Also Like

0 comments