Books im raving about!

 

Post lockdown I managed to keep on top of my reading I really wanted to share some reviews on the books that im raving about!

First up;

The Flatshare.. I put off reading the Flatshare for so long because from the description’s id heard on it I thought it was a cheesy YA novel. But during lockdown I just purchased it on a whim and I’m so glad I did! This book was something else for me. We meet Tiffy who is loud, bright, bubbly and in a sticky housing situation with a creepy ex boyfriend. So seeks out Leon, who’s a quiet, reserved nurse who needs some extra cash so rents out his place while he does the night shift. How bizarre right? Could you share the same bed with someone you’ve never met? Share the same living space and only know someone through items and notes. I really fell for this book for a few reasons. 1) The way Beth O’Leary switches between Leon and Tiffy in this book is the best writing I’ve found so far of displaying two characters as they are. She completely changed her style of writing when writing from Leon’s view and I adored this, and it completely set the scene. 2) it felt a like a love story how they should be told, from friends first. So many times, you read about love stories and within the first two chapters their in love without actually getting to know each other. These two really found friendship through their unconventionally way of living and I adored that.

 

 


My second one that I couldn’t wait to read is, Kiely Reid’s Such a fun Age! This book has been nominated for a booker prize and has been blowing up around Instagram in light of the Black lives Matter movement. The book follows Emira, a 25year old woman who is accused by a supermarket security for kidnapping the child she is babysitting because of her race. A black woman out with a white baby. Could you imagine? Or do you not have to because no one would question yourself? We watch and read what it is like being judged for your race and how to handle the situation and how not to handle the situation in her boss Alix Chamberlains case. It really was an important and uplifting story that I think everyone should read and I cannot recommend enough! I finished this in 6days and a part of me wishing I didn’t finish it so fast so I could keep enjoying it!

Let me know your books your currently raving about!
Im currently reading: Girl, Woman, Other.

You Might Also Like

0 comments