Isolation Purchases

I thought id save money during lockdown, with you know. Everything being closed. But somehow, I ended up spending waay to much money.
I think I justified it with the fact I got my pay-out and never treated myself and the fact I wasn’t buying food or random little things all the time I treated myself on other things.

My first treat to myself was my first film camera. Id been searching for one for over a year now but just couldn’t commit. Ive searched Junktion’s website weekly and I finally caved and bought this beauty.

Its not a straight point and shoot but the description said it was good for beginners. I’m excited taking photos and hoping they’ll turn out okay. Im excited about learning something new. I wanted one for a long time as im not a massive fan of technology and I didn’t want my kids seeing all the photos through a phone. Its one of my favourite past times going through all our old family photos. I want my kids to be able to do the same. If you live in Auckland I would recommend taking a trip into Junktion on Krd or at Takapunas Farmers markets, otherwise they do ship.

 

My second purchase was a cheeky one. I was buying yoga mats on warehouse and I saw Easter chocolate was all under 5dollars due to the fact we were all on strict lockdown over Easter. I took a gander and saw an egg that id always wanted to buy. A 1kg chocolate egg. And you bet for 5dollars I bought it! My inner child came out. I knew id never buy it at full price and its not often these are on sale. So I couldn’t resist. But damn when you’re alone and you have a 1kg chocolate egg and no one to share it with! I have lots left and I’m kind of regretting my choice! 



Now I thought I was done buying after my chocolate egg and yoga matt purchase but then it was my partners birthday so while I bought him a few bits I treated myself to a new cardigan. My last one was bought 5 years ago so I felt like it was time for a upgrade and this one seems perfect for the winter chill that keeps coming. 


Its big, its warm, its comfy. It came in multiple colours however I went for my classic black, because you cant go wrong with black. Although I was very tempted to go for grey.


At the start of lockdown I also caved and bought Revitalash serum. Before lockdown I went and got a Yumi Lash lift and the lash lady kept telling me that I should invest in some as I had a few broken lashes. I knew this as I’m an eye rubber. But I caved and bought some. I bought a small one which says it will last for 6weeks when used everyday. Now although I bought it to strengthen my lashes it honestly has worked. My eyes don’t feel as dry anymore, I rub them way less. And when I put mascara on it looks like I had my lash lift done yesterday. I would highly recommend to anyone. Even if you’re just wanting stronger lashes.

 

I’m hoping now we’re almost in the new normal and back out in the world I will actually save money now since I’ve got my spending itch out of the way. Plus I’m now wearing a uniform so I don’t need new clothes to wear everyday. I’m excited to see my bank account go up. She says.


You Might Also Like

0 comments