Plans.

Okay. I have my glasses on. I have my bottle of beer sat next to me on my pallets. And I have a packet of fruit pastels next to me because sometimes food from home is comforting. I am ready.

But ready for what? Its 9pm on a Monday evening. I’ve just done my 8 hour shift at work, and I’m ready to crawl into bed and watch a movie. But instead I opened up word after searching the web at writing courses in New Zealand. Which is new, and a little scary. And something I have yet to tell anyone. So let’s keep it a secret between us for now kay?

I want it to be our secret because my life was planned out. Much as every teenager is designed to do, plan your life. First you go to primary school, then when you’re 11 you’re thrown into the scary world of high school where you spend 5 awful years trying to fit in before you have to make your first decision, college or job? Most who choose college will then endure another 2 years deciding what’s going to happen at the end of it, before going off to spend another 3 years at a university across the country in their chosen profession. There they have to enter the ‘real world’ and are considered an adult with happy parents seeing a bright future for their darling child. Or some us like myself decide to buy a one way ticket, pack their bags, and run to the other side of the world in hopes to figure out life.

The plan had always been to arrive home in July and go to University in September returning to normality after my run away life. However, I got a job I rather like, a boyfriend I rather love, and a world I have yet to travel. So that plans out the window. Because when you leave your life you expect nothing to change, and when you return you think everything will be the same. But that’s life, it never goes the way we plan, and that is why my mother hates me.
Because I never would plan how my day would go when I had a gig in Manchester, or when someone invited me out I wouldn’t plan it down to the last second. And just like now, I have an idea of when I will someday return to the UK to try figure out the next chapter. But I know I have a world before England I have plans to see, I have money I plan to save, and experience I plan to get. I am currently planning to try find a room with said-boyfriend with different flat mates. But that’s the funny thing about plans, how well do they work out? I guess you just have to wait and see.


I also plan to write more. Hello blog again. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments