The adventure has just begun

‘Do you not get sad when saying bye to people?’ She asks as I say see ya later to another friend.
‘No because I know I’ll see them again.’

I don’t get sad when saying ‘goodbye’ because it’s just like saying bye at the end of a night out although, it will be a little bit longer till I see them again.
Travelling shows you who’s your true friends. Those that don’t hold grudges because you’ve been in a different country for a year. Those that still stick around despite the fact they’ll get there birthday presents 8months late. Those that although you don’t talk for a few months, it’s like nothing’s changed when you see them again.
I never get sad at saying goodbye because that’s not the sad part.

The sad parts having everything packed up and being ready to leave and the emotions hit you that this will be it for a while. And then I feel selfish. Because I’m lucky enough to call two wonderful(one slightly debatably wonderful) country’s my home. I have friends and family on either side of the globe and for the first time in 4years I don’t have to worry about someones visa ending and being deported. (Although my visa process isn’t over yet, but the hard part is)
Why am I getting sad when another amazing opportunity awaits and I get to start a life and create a home. I get to travel to England as much as I’d like and I’ll always have accommodation and love waiting for me there.
I am the luckiest person, because England and New Zealand and now my homes, and I couldn’t be more thankful.

I like to call this ‘Johnny and Lucie chapter 3.’ And yes, I shed a few tears in the back of the taxi, don’t know if that’s because English taxis drivers don’t know the speed limit and I fear for my life. Or if it’s because I’ll actually miss my shitty town.

But like a friend said ‘I’m sad because your leaving but not sad because I know this is what you want’
And when everyone around you is upset, those are the words you need to hear.
Why cry because it’s over? When it’s not over?

The adventure has just begun.



You Might Also Like

0 comments